Real Equipment Does Not Execute a Carnot Cycle
- It is very difficult to build a heat exchanger that exchanges heat isothermally without a phase change.
- Most compressors do not work well on two-phase mixtures
- Turbines are not designed to handle vapor-liquid mixtures.
Why is the Carnot Cycle impractical ?
Confused and have questions? We've got answers. With Chegg Study, you can get step-by-step solutions to your questions from an expert in the field. If you rather get 1:1 study help, try 30 minutes of free online tutoring with Chegg Tutors.
© B-Cubed, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2014, 2018. All rights reserved.
Roll your mouse over this box to close.
Join Learn Thermodynamics Advantage
- Download Data Tables
- Download Study Aids
- Homework problem hints and answers
- Get Help from Dr. B in the LT Blog
- 120 day membership
Get it ALL for $5 US