Three Key Terms For The Study of Thermodynamics
- In Lesson 1A, we learned a little bit about the history and nature of thermodynamics.
- In Lesson 1B, we learned the importance of dimensions and units and how to use them to help us solve problems.
- Now, we need to learn the meaning of some key terms that we will use throughout this course. That is the goal of this lesson.
- In this lesson, we will study the terms system, state and property.
- You are probably already familiar with these terms, but they have very specific meanings when they are applied to thermodynamics.
- Because these three terms form the basis for this entire course, it is very important to understand them very well before we move on.
© B-Cubed, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2014. All rights reserved.
Roll your mouse over this box to close.
Join Learn Thermodynamics Advantage
- Download Data Tables
- Download Study Aids
- Homework problem hints and answers
- Get Help from Dr. B in the LT Blog
- 120 day membership
Get it ALL for $5 US